- English and French
- +1 (613) 241-2701 Ext: 223
- Year of call: 1985 (Ontario)
Charles Gibson is a partner of the firm and member of the litigation team. He has always restricted his practice to litigation and has extensive litigation experience in the areas of civil, commercial, corporate, pension, tax, administrative and securities litigation.
Mr. Gibson represents a large array of clients including Churches, corporations, financial institutions, a university, insurance companies, stockbrokers and individuals for their litigation needs.
Mr. Gibson has appeared at all levels of court including the Ontario Court of Justice, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Canada and the Tax Court of Canada as well as various administrative tribunals. Mr. Gibson sits or has sat on the Board of Directors of several corporations and charities.
Areas of Expertise
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Tax Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Represented Intervenors before the Supreme Court of Canada in a matter involving a Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms issue where the Court held that freedom of religion extends to groups as to individuals. (Alberta v. Hutterian Brethren of Wilson Colony,  2 S.C.R. 567).
- Successfully represented clients before the Ontario Court of Appeal in a landmark precedent-setting case, where the new tort of malicious non prosecution was established. (Paquette v. Desrochers, (2001), 151 O.A.C. 341).
- Participated in the negotiation of the settlement agreement of the Indian Residential Schools Class Action.
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Canadian Canon Law Society